Recipe ~ Vegetable Kotthu
Enjoy a plate of Sri Lankan sunshine at home!!!!
Big Chef shares the secrets to a TCT ABSOLUTE FAVE – the Vegetable Kotthu Give it a bash and tag #tcttakeaway on Instagram for us to see and share!
Kotthu is a fine example of Sri Lankan hybrid food and served all over the country as luxury street food. It is made with finely chopped roti cooked with egg vegetables and/or meat.
Finely Sliced Red Onion
Pinch of Salt
Mixed Chilli Flakes
Ground Black Pepper
2 Free Range Eggs
150g Sliced Roti
25g Thinly Sliced Carrot
25g Thinly Sliced Leek
- Heat a wok until hot. Add the coconut oil and swirl the wok until it covers the base.
- Add the onion, salt, chillies, black pepper, and eggs.
- Toss and cook until the egg has slightly scrambled, then add the roti, carrot and leeks.
- Toss the pan rapidly on high heat for several minutes, until the vegetables are cooked but still crisp.
- Remove from the heat and serve immediately.